Kadha is an ayurvedic medicine with ingredients such as ginger, turmeric, Amla, tulsi, lemon, black pepper and aloevera and cinnamon. This Kadha is ritualistically involved into the Indian culture and their cooking’s for so long now. Kadha is a vital lifelong immunity booster which is found vital as an ayurvedic cure during these times of the covid-19 pandemic.By consuming kadha regularly people can cure basic flu symptoms like cold, cough, fever, throat pain and others.
The Kadha distributed by the government officials or made by the common people basically include following plants and herbs;
1. Giloy or Guddichi: Giloy meaning ‘Amrita’ meaning the root of immortality is an ancient herb packed with complete benefits which can help in boosting the morality and immunity of the pareson to fight virus infection or any other major infections. Giloy is a natural medicinal herb and it has proved that its abundant medicinal properties can fight corona virus infection or any other infections. Giloy juice or Giloy tea have anti inflammatory properties which help in preventing respiratory problems like cold, cough, breathing problems which are major signs of symptoms of the novel corona virus infection.
2. Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an ancient medicinal herb which provides each and every health benefit that we can think of. Ashwagandha helps in reduction of stress and keeping in control blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels. Scientists at IIT Delhi upon research have found out that Ashwagandha contains certain bioactive that interact with SARS – COV2. Ashwagandha as an herb contains some natural compound called with none that can block the replication process of the novel corona virus and treat the condition.
3. Chirayta: A very Common Ayurvedic herb is used by practioniters for its varied anti-inflammatory properties. Apart from this, its strong anti-asthmatic and expectorant properties are useful. It is vital in getting rid of any congestion and pollutant from the respiratory tract as well as airways, reducing discomfort.
4. Tulsi Seeds: Tulsi on the other hand has its own set to benefits list which is being used in Indian Kitchens for so long now. But the Kadha for curing basic flue includes Tulsi seeds into it.
5. Mulethi: Lastly, the addition of mulethi in this drink ensures that any problem associated with a sore throat or a dry cough is taken care of. It has strong properties which can soothe an irritated throat and strengthen your immunity.
The ideal ‘Harit Ghar’ now includes these herbs into it and people are also shifting towards ayurveda for its exceptional benefits.
By Apoorva Anikethana Nanda